Friday, December 10, 2010

Why I Consider the Morality of Modern Environmentalist Mindset Shared by a Majority of my Peers is Vastly Flawed Part 3: Am I a sociopath?

I thought it was only appropriate to have my first opinion-based blog post be an elaboration on my last facebook wall post, where I mentioned as an example how I am morally opposed to recycling.  Unfortunately, I soon realized that I had a lot more to say about this subject than I thought, so I'm going to break this post down into four posts to make it easier to read.  You can check back here over the next four days to read it in chunks in order to prevent you, dear reader, from looking at six pages worth of material and saying "fuck that shit".  As always, feel free to comment.

So why do I personally want to expedite the current extinction trend caused primarily by human actions?  First, I much rather allow mass extinction to occur within the next thousands of years and let new organisms evolve rather than keep our current ecosystem on life-support.  It may be a combination of nerdy/geeky desire to see crazy new species evolve to fill some sort of human blasted landscape, but it’s my desire nonetheless.  I consider wishing to save the current environment as a wish to perform an abortion on potential new species.  Secondly, it would be pretty impressive if the human species could ACTUALLY fuck up the earth at such a scale as to put cyanobacteria and natural disasters to shame.  Thirdly, I like the immediate side effects to a complete ecological disaster if it were in fact to occur relatively soon (like within a couple hundred years).  One side effect would be increased fungal growth and evolution, and as I stated before I respect fungi more than all other groups of life (maybe I’ll make a short nerdy post gushing about why I love fungus later). 
I don't care if they constantly produce deadly toxic spores, I want to live in a post-apocalyptic world
filled with huge forests of fungi as seen in Nausicaa:Valley of the Wind.  

More importantly, human technological and possibly even physical evolution would benefit greatly from a dire situation like this.  Contrary to common sense, life-threatening situations seem to do wonders for a population of any size or species.  That fight-or-flight reflex which is in all of us does wonders for getting rid of the weak and promoting the capable.  For instance, when a bacterial population is exposed to an antibacterial drug then most of the population will get killed except for that solidarity freak that is naturally immune.  That immune bacterium will be able to spread his resistance to the surviving population causing them to evolve into a newer, stronger, drug-resistant bacteria population.  To continue my ill-advised use of examples that end in outcomes that you don't want thus emotionally triggering you to disagree with me, this works in human society too.  When Germany got its ass handed to it in WWI, it was left with great shame and a big bill.  Being backed in a corner inspired the German people to develop a powerful fascist state; reenergizing their people, taking over a large part of Europe, and …killing a lot of innocents…. Errrr…. You get my point.  When stuck in a really bad situation, life knows to either put up or shut up, and those worthy will rise to the situation.  And with humans, this isn’t just limited to physical evolution but the innovation of new ideas and memes.  If humans are faced with a seemingly impossible problem (like living on an Earth with dwindling resources) then I guarantee that we will fight back with pioneering and hard work.  The genius men and women in this world that normally have their voices droned out when they’re not immediately need will be turned to in a time of panic.  They will save the human race from extinction.  And the only thing I desire more than seeing fungal evolution is human technological, scientific, and artistic advancement.  And if we can’t step up to the plate and beat our own extinction, then so be it.  We lost far and square.  So in order to create a future Earth where a massive extinction causes another fungal renaissance while our scientists become heroes saving humanity from destruction, and a far future with a fascinating new Earth and an efficient and advanced human society flung around the stars, I have to do my part to avoid “saving the environment” in the way the ascendant moral values of our society demands from us.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your Aryan argument. The reason it works is because one way to be "the best" is to put oneself up there. It's unpopular because a bunch of people died, but who cares? It's history, it happened, maybe someone will learn from it (doubt it). Hence, it is a valid argument which supports your point nicely, given that the Aryan point of view was extremely effective.
    For those of you jumping to conclusions, no, I do not support the Aryan thing, Nazism, white supremacy, or any of that shit. There are more constructive ways to "be better" than through violence and hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you see that. Because Americans have been trained to react negatively to Nazis whenever they come up. Not only are they the only other sub-human humans that we enjoy killing in video games (the other being zombies), but all you have to do to get people against your opponent is compare them to nazis, something Glenn Beck does a lot regardless of it making any sense. I was worried that doing the opposite would make my readers respond negatively to my point with subconscious emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack, horrible metaphor for WWII but well handled. haha.

    i totally agree with "And the only thing I desire more than seeing fungal evolution is human technological, scientific, and artistic advancement. And if we can’t step up to the plate and beat our own extinction, then so be it. We lost far and square."

    amen! preach, brother-man, preach! but then you say this:

    "I have to do my part to avoid “saving the environment” in the way the ascendant moral values of our society demands from us."

    i guess my request from you would be to define the ascendant moral values then. and how recycling feeds into that. and also, how recycling inhibits human technological, scientific, and artistic advancement.

    ReplyDelete